The 5th World Sustainability Forum will be held at the Universitätsspital Basel, Zentrum für Lehre und Forschung in Basel, Switzerland from 7-9 September 2015. The Forum aims to be a platform for researchers to present and engage with others on issues relating to sustainability in three thematic areas:
• Science, Technology, and Energy
• Consumption, Lifestyles, Mobility, and Cities
• Economics, Business, and Management
The Forum seeks to contribute to policy-relevant, change-oriented, and trans-disciplinary research and collaboration from science and technology, the life sciences, and the social sciences across these three thematic areas.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Prof. Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director of the Earth Institute and Special Advisor on the Millennium Development Goals to United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- Prof. Klaus Leisinger, Special Advisor on business ethics to the Global Compact of the United Nations and on the post-2015 development policy.
- Prof. Mark Rosen, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
Registration deadline is 4 September 2015. Further programme information can be found here.
Par of the output of the conference is a special issue in Sustainability, as well as three edited books, one for each of the three thematic areas (please read the Instructions for Authors). Deadline for submissions is 1 April 2015, applicants will be notified by 15 April.